Cosmetic injections are a popular and effective method of reducing the signs of ageing in the skin. These injections, which include anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers, can be used to smooth out wrinkles, plump up areas of the skin, and restore lost volume, helping to give the face a more youthful appearance. This article will take a look at the role of cosmetic injectables in Melbourne when it comes to anti-ageing and some of the specific concerns they can assist with.
Smooth Out Wrinkles
Anti-wrinkle injections are used to smooth out wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause them. When these muscles are relaxed, the wrinkles are less visible and the skin appears smoother. Anti-wrinkle injections work by blocking the communication between the nerves and the muscles. When the nerves are unable to send signals to the muscles, the muscles can’t contract and form wrinkles. This effect can last for up to 6 months before the wrinkles begin to appear again and repeat treatment is required. It’s important to understand that anti-wrinkle injections are not a permanent solution for wrinkles, but with regular treatment, results can be maintained.
Plump Areas of the Skin
Dermal fillers are used to plump areas of the skin that have lost volume due to the natural ageing process. These fillers are injected into the skin to restore volume and fullness, making skin appear smoother and more youthful. Dermal fillers work by attracting and holding onto water molecules, which hydrates the skin while also adding volume. These cosmetic injectables in Melbourne can be used to plump up many different areas of the face, including the lips, cheeks and undereye area. The effects can last for up to 12 months, although this can depend on the specific product used as well as other factors such as environment, skin type and severity of volume loss. When considering dermal fillers, it’s important to choose an experienced provider who can administer the injections correctly and safely and ensure a natural looking result.
What Specific Concerns Can Cosmetic Injectables Help With?
The following specific concerns are able to be targeted using cosmetic injectables such as anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers:
- Wrinkles and lines – Both anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers can help to smooth out wrinkles and lines, giving the skin a more youthful and rested appearance.
- Loss of volume – Dermal fillers can restore volume to the areas of the face that have lost fullness due to the natural ageing process. Areas commonly affected by volume loss include the cheeks and undereye area.
- Sagging skin – Dermal fillers can be used to lift areas of sagging or drooping skin, helping to achieve a firmer appearance.
- Thin lips – Thinning lips caused by ageing can be enhanced with dermal fillers to add volume and fullness.
- Undereye concerns – The areas under the eyes are prone to hollows, eyebags and dark circles that can contribute to a gaunt and tired appearance. Cosmetic injectables in Melbourne can be used to fill in hollows and improve the appearance of the eye area.